Programs for schools
Discover the connections between people, plants and animals through inquiry-based explorations and hands-on learning experiences. Our programs develop students' skills as active and informed environmental citizens.
Early years - preschool - year 2
Primary and secondary
• Around Oz in an hour – Discover Australia's Biodiversity
• Identifying plants - the Botanist Apprentice
• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Wattle, Wattle, Wattle
• Pond Dipping – Skimmers, Slinkers and Swimmers
• River Erosion Model (not offered May - July)
•Climate Change Investigation
For tertiary students
Tertiary education is undertaken through the Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research and the Australian National Herbarium in the form of Botanical Internships and graduate supervision.
Teacher guided programs
Discover unique Australian native plants on our self–guided learning programs and teacher resources. Book online or contact the Education Office on 02 6250 9408 or email@example.com
Professional Development and Resources
Education Services offers professional development programs designed to help teachers use the Gardens as an effective educational resource.