'Non-plant' Photos in the ANBG Collection
The Australian National Botanic Gardens has built up a collection of photos depicting a wide range of habitats, vegetation types, horticultural resources, people and images relevant to the history of the Gardens. A more complex search can be made.
How to use the non-plant photo search for the ANBG Photo Collection
- Enter query in boxes on the right.
- The tick-boxes on the left determine what will be displayed.
- The boxes in the centre column can be numbered to show the display order.
- No fields are mandatory but please exercise care in the structure of queries and the use of wildcards to avoid excessively large reports.
- Date is a single number: date month year, ie. 17 May 2009 = 170509, the digit wildcard is an underscore, ie 1970s = _ _ _ _ 7_
- Key words should be entered in alphabetical order if more than one key word is used.
- Surround each key word with wildcard % symbols eg %Gordon% or %rock%water%.
- Only a few of these photos have been digitised, so images rarely appear on screen.